You should use a good WordPress theme that is fast, well-documented and looks cool (or is easy to customize and make it look cool). Here are some recommendations:
- Use a framework and child theme
- Pick the most expensive / bestselling theme you can find on marketplaces
- Open a ticket for personalized recommendation
- please share your favorite websites, what you want on your site and what’s most important
What to look for and what to avoid when you pick a WordPress theme:
- Do you need to create a basic site or something more complex where you need a website builder?
- Do you want your site to look better on mobile or desktop viewport?
- If you are not a DIYer or Developer, do you plan to hire someone or use support forums?
Recommendations on how to pick a WordPress theme:
- Choose a theme that makes it easy to customize typography… you can have a beautiful site just by using a great font.
- If you want to share images and video, more so than text, look for a great plugin instead of a theme.
- Ask yourself how many hours you want to spend on customizing your site and stick to your goal so you can start product content.
Questions to ask yourself before you pick a WordPress theme:
- What type of blog is it?
- What functions does your site need?
- How fast does everything load?
- What is the competitors using?
- Does your mom love it?
How did you pick a WordPress theme? Do you have any tips for people who might be looking to pick a WordPress theme?