- Large job creator
- Great email provider
- Monopoly Power, Political Bias/Lobbying, Labor Practices, Privacy Concerns and Misinformation.
- Between 2010 and 2021, Google spent over $100 million on lobbying efforts to influence policies and regulations that undermine democracy.
- Has vast amounts of information and can manipulate things to its advantage
- 2018 – Embroiled in a data privacy controversy, where it was revealed that a software bug had exposed the personal data of up to 500,000 Google+ users. The company chose not to disclose the breach for fear of regulatory scrutiny, and this decision was met with significant criticism.
- 2018 – Controversial Dragonfly project planned to develop a censored search engine for the Chinese market
- 2017 – European Union imposed a record-breaking $2.7 billion fine on Google for antitrust violations (reduced competition, unfair advantages, stifling innovation, economic instability, etc)
- 2016 – Evading taxes in Europe by using complex financial structures to move profits to tax havens.
- 2014 – Street View Data Collection collected data (such as email and passwords) from unsecured Wi-Fi networks while photographing streets.
- 2013 – Scanning the content of Gmail messages in order to target ads to users
- Involvement in Project Maven, a Pentagon project that involved using artificial intelligence to improve drone strikes
- AdWords that perform well have a magically increased Cost Per Click
- Google-owned YouTube has faced controversies over content moderation of promoting extremist content and failing to address harassment and hate speech.
- Year after year of anti-competitive behavior by giving its own products and services priority in search results and by making it difficult for competitors to gain visibility
- Google has faced criticism over its role in the spread of misinformation online